John-Douglas Owens, is originally from Adelaide, Australia, where he was ranked Top 5 in the state and top 20 in the country throughout his early career. He received a tennis scholarship to Hope International University, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business management/Sport Management and played #1 singles and doubles all four years.
Upon graduating from college, he started his coaching career at Grand Slam Tennis, led by Sean Bollettieri Abdali. In addition, he had the opportunity to learn from and to work with the world-renowned coach Nick Bollettieri.
Some of the top players that Owens has coached include:
- Ashley Kratzer, former top 200 WTA player, US Open main draw, Indian Wells Masters 1000, 18s Hard Court Winner
- Maegan Manasse, former top 300 WTA player, #1 ranked female player in NCAA
- William Griffith, former top 600 ATP player, and # 2 ranked male player in NCAA
- Jwany Shrief WTA player, top ranked in So-Cal & blue chip
- College players playing for top NCAA teams such as Princeton, Brown and UCI
- Junior players include top 5 ranked in girls/boys 12s, 14s, and 16s in the nation